Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Alyx's bday, Part II

Since Alyx's birthday is in June - and it is so hard to get her little friends together in the summer, we try to take little trips in her honor.

This year, we are off to Chicago. We are staying with Uncle Lee on Thursday and Friday night; Friday will be spent at Six Flags; Saturday will be Lincoln Park Zoo and the beach.

I used to love roller coasters. I remember going to King's Island with family during the Cincinnati Reunions. For some reason, I remember Uncle Henry the most. He loved them and would just grin after riding. At least that's how I remember it. Maybe he and dad were drinking beer - who knows. I plan on not eating a thing after noon on Thursday and limiting my liquid intake. I used to be able to handle these things but I am not sure if this old stomach can deal with it anymore!! And let's face it - the coasters have advanced considerably! Might even need to invest in some Imodium!!!

Mellisa is going to go with us. She barely fits on the rides but she loves them. AJ and Kiel haven't been able to fit for a while. Riley is tall enough and is very excited. Alyx is now tall enough but I am not sure she is ready for the experience although she says she is. We will just see how that goes once she is standing in line for hours thinking about it!

We are leaving Mellisa in Chicago when we leave. She is going to hang out with Uncle Lee for awhile this summer. I think she is planning on walking the dogs to the beach every day and scope for men. Hopefully, he won't want to kill her by the time she comes home!

No comments:

Post a Comment