Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Walter Bond

COUNTRY actually hired an awesome motivational speaker!!! If you ever get a chance to listen to him - please go. He was funny, current, emotional - just loved him. He talks about his desire to become an NBA player - and all of the drive and determination that takes. He relates his life to business now but wow, it really struck home with me and the things that have happened in my past and with Kiel.

I wish Kiel could have heard him. I did grab a flyer and gave it to Coach Jones when he visited last night. I hope FSU is able to at least grab a DVD or something.

My favorite phrase he used - "Confidence is arrogance under control". That is what Kiel needs to hear!!! We used to be confident but have now crossed the little line over to arrogance. I can't wait till the season starts and someone knocks him on his butt and he gets a little reality knocked into him. It might not happen this year - but wait till FSU season. There is always someone bigger, faster, stronger... Big fish in a small pond comes to mind... I love Kiel - I love that he has this wonderful future - but I hope he doesn't forget himself...

No comments:

Post a Comment