Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Birthday...




If I had a zillion dollars, I would open my own florist/nursery business. I absolutely love to play in dirt - and love the smell of fresh flowers.


My lovely husband once again came thru for me and sent me a festive Poinsettia for my desk. I have a favorite florist in town - they take the simple and add bling - with fun results. You might be able to see the cute pot - and the red filler - and the little silver glitter.

Then my Godson, Dylan (aka mom Angie) sent me the most beautiful arrangement with huge lilies and pink roses. The smell is wonderful. I tried to take good pics - but it is my camera phone. Same florist - not sure if you can see inside the vase - but they stuck a giant leaf and a some sort of tiger stripe leaf to hide the stems. Very clever...

I about cried over that delivery. Poor Angie's grandmother passed away on my birthday. So with all of that going on - she still remembered my silly birthday. Angie is a great friend.... Her grandmother was just a hoot. Tiny German woman (heavy accent) that spoke her mind about everything and so was full of love for her family. She was at every family function - and helped Angie out all of the time without any complaining. Angie is really going to miss her... That visitation is tonite...
And I also rec'd wonderful candles and lotions - just a great birthday event this year!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment