Friday, March 26, 2010

Mom guilt

Kiel really wants to go to USC. I really want him to stay in my basement and be a little kid forever. My friends can't wait for their kids to leave and have their own lives. I must have missed that parenting class. Or maybe I am just selfish. Who knows...

I know that Kiel would love southern California. It's beautiful. If I was his age and carefree, I would love to go too. But then that mom thing kicks in and I know that if he heads out there, I won't get to see him. And he probably will meet some wonderful girl - and then will settle out there. And then my grand kids would have their birthdays out there. And I would miss it all...

I know - silly. But these are the kind of things that keep me awake at night... I know - get over it. And I will - but I will be sad just the same...

No comments:

Post a Comment