Monday, November 30, 2009

Nice weekend...

Thanksgiving is tiring... Lots of cooking - and therefore, cleaning...

Similar to my aunt Janet, we dragged out all of the china and silver and crystal - it is tradition to whoop it up on the holidays. I was brave this year and even set the kids table with the finest... I think the girls were excited. One thing I noticed - my table linens are lacking. I did not have a nice Thanksgiving-fall-worthy tablecloth. I did have a smaller cloth that my grandmother L'Hote made - and just threw it on top of a white so it would fit better. Dinner was fantastic. Turkey was perfect. We brined and stuffed with onions, carrots, apple and celery (that was the new push in trends this year). Oodles of sides. A little too much bourbon in the sweet potatoes and Derby Pie - if that's possible? I loved it - the kids claimed to be drunk.

The table linen revelation prompted my need to Black Friday shop. So - 5:30 am - mom, AJ, Mellisa & Nequan headed out. Best Buy first. Wow - long line - but super organized and took no time at all to get thru that. Next - the mall. Found a parking spot right by the door. The parking gods were smiling on me :) Lines were not bad - people were not bad - UNTIL we went to Victoria's Secret. What the hell? Meesie and I waited over an hour and a half for a dang bra? Ridiculous! They had NO organization. AND who the hell fills out a credit application at 7am??? And why did we get stuck in the line behind this woman!?! And I love Meesie - we are the scene queens. We had the whole line complaining about our check out clerk by the time we were done - it was great. Why a manager did not pull this super high maintanance woman aside and finish her questions about underwire or how to get the discount after $100 or if someone could throw away her coffee cups (the list goes on and on) - argghhh - very aggravating. Target - no problems - super fast and organized. It was actually a very pleasant morning - and I went home and took a nap.

The rest of the weekend was eating and watching movies... Uneventful and peaceful...

UNTIL my stupid brother thought he should attack me in Mafia Wars. Payback is ugly little brother...

No comments:

Post a Comment