Thursday, January 19, 2012

Let's talk Paula

A friend of mine and I were talking about the whole Paula Deen - diabetes thing. This is my viewpoint - and sorry if you don't feel the same way I do.

Paula is from the South. Guess what - we like butter - we like sugar - we like all sorts of stuff that isn't good for you but wow, it tastes good. At some point, we all have to make a decision - do we want to be happy or do we want to restrict ourselves from something that we truly enjoy?

I have picked the happy choice. No, I will never be some centerfold. No, I will never be the same size as I was when I was young. But you know what - I am happy. My husband loves me. I love food. I love that my husband is one of the best cooks that I know. And I do not plan on missing one single morsel of it.

I think that Paula is the same way. We like good food. We try very hard to eat in moderation. And I bet if her health took a turn for the worse - then hard choices would have to be made.

I don't want her to change her show - it's a show. What she does on her own time - I could care less. She's not a role model - she a cook. It's her style. And I love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment