Monday, July 27, 2009

Well, shit...

My PaPaw and Grandmother never swear - but when they do - it's always a "Well, shit Jack" - or "Well, shit Anna". It's kind of funny...

Yesterday, I had a "Well, shit Chris" event...

Chris received an email from his dad. Something about George talking at church about photography, then a break for refreshments, then another q&a session. Then out to lunch. Mark & Sybelle would also be attending.

Now, we didn't know that Mark was going to be in town - haven't seen him in years. Chris missed the email that Mark was married now. The Nichols family men have very strange (and strained) relationships.

Anyhow, I got up on Sunday bright and early. I even ironed. We drove the hour to church. No one is there. OK - maybe we are early. I mentioned that there was a sign at the entrance that mentioned a potluck at so-and-so's house at 11. Hmmmm... That would be in the middle of the talk. So I started asking questions - like, Chris - what DAY did he mention? Chris said Sunday. OK - WHICH Sunday? Chris calls AJ at home - finds the email. It's for the 2nd. I should have read the email...

We drove back home.

Well, shit Chris.

No comments:

Post a Comment