Friday, March 6, 2009

Bathroom Etiquette

So - this post will be crude. My mother used that word about me a lot - so prepare yourself.

Seriously, public restrooms - there is a protocol. Last night, I walk into our high school's rest room. At least sixteen stalls - all empty. So - I sit down, doing my thing for a minute or two when the door opens and another lady comes in. Now, keep in mind - there are at least 15 empty stalls remaining. She sat down next to me?!??! WHAT!?!??! NO! That is not proper etiquette - at least one stall should be between each squatter when available. I should not see shoes next to me unless we are at an Illini game or a concert and the "crossing my legs - why did I have that extra beer" line is out the door...

I think even guys can relate - you never stand next to another man at a urinal when there are empty urinals available. Shoulder touching is just wrong. Am I right about this?

It's just an unwritten human rule...

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I am sure it is written down somewhere. Along with don't talk on the phone while doing your business.

    ReplyDelete