Friday, March 20, 2009

Nothing profound - just thoughts

I don't have tons of friends that I can truly say have been thru it all with me. I've lived a lot of places - my goals have changed - my job changed - my marriage status changed - I was a baby factory - all of these things really try a friendship.

I have known Angie since the Mel divorce days. She is a great person - big hearted - and has been thru a lot of the same things I have. I am the godmother to her 2nd (of 4) boy - Dylan, who I must say, is the best of the four (no bias there). His birthday was the same as my mom's - and I was right outside when he was born. She has been a great friend - and I think no matter how long it's been since we've seen each other - it's like we were never apart. It's nice.

Anyhow - I went to a party last night at her house. I don't get to see her as much as I would like since she lives in another town. It was a Scentsy party - plug in wax warmers - kind of cool. I hate it when my candles spring a leak and wax drips everywhere. I love the catch-up part of the product-driven home party. 5/6 women get together and chit chat and drink and eat and use some more excuse such as a scent party to get together - and rarely spend much attention to the poor sales pitch person! Lots of giggling, inappropriate comments - stuff like that. It was so nice to not think about anything serious for 3 hours!

I wish I could say I still kept in touch with my friends in high school - but I don't even know where half of them are! I hung out with the thespian, intelligent group - not sure how I fit in - but that's my story. And, of course, the second they graduated - they left Clinton never to return. They don't even come back for reunions!

Kiel was so sweet the other night. It was his last basketball game with his team. Of course, he didn't play much and walked home by himself. I went in his room later - his eyes were swollen. I thought he was upset cause he didn't play - I was wrong. He said, mom, do you realize I have played with these guys since grade school - and we are done? I will never play or even see them again? Makes me tear up just thinking about it.

Friendship is hard - takes a lot of work sometimes. I just hope my kids have good friends to help them thru...

No comments:

Post a Comment