Monday, March 9, 2009

Shrinking AJ

About a week or two ago, I had the funniest email from AJ that went something like - 'I have decided to no longer be the balding, short, fat guy that lives in his mom's basement. I have decided to become the balding, short, thin guy that lives in his mom's basement.' Quite a revelation. Poor thing has developed his mom's love of food and hatred of anything that could be construed as exercise. He is, however, doing very well. I can already tell a difference. He works out regularly by riding his bike, skips his work hazard of pizza and eats salads instead. His best friend is getting married in September - so I think this may have prompted him - regardless, I am very proud of him.

I have battled my weight as long as I can remember. I even remember my freshman year of college when I told my suite mate Donna that if I get over 145lbs to shoot me. Wow - if only!! I can't imagine ever being 145 - and that was heavy for me back then! I am the yo-yo queen of dieting - I lose it and then gain it right back. I am hoping that once my health gets back into line - that AJ will inspire me and I can give it a go once again...

No comments:

Post a Comment