Thursday, March 26, 2009

I'm old

A girlfriend of mine works at Lenscrafters part-time. It had been awhile since I had my eyes checked - so I went.

The eye doctor seems to think that I am old and now need bifocals. OK - so my arms aren't quite long enough to read anymore, but hey - bifocals?

Holly (the friend) also does my hair. So she had picked out some of the most lovely, yet funky, frames that matched me and could still do the no-line thing so I wouldn't announce to the world that I am old.

The glasses I now don have the same brown/red/blonde color bands as my hair and I look good.... And I have already learned to NOT look down while doing stairs!

2 comments:

  1. And then you will learn that you are my age and really need trifocals, but won't wear them. At least God made me binocular so I can avoid the bifocals except when driving, and wear the cute cheaters in between. I keep trying to look like Julia Roberts in Peican Brief, but . . . Thanks for the instructions! I am now "googled". Love, Auntie Ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are soooo my child. I was in my early 40's. I didn't even wear glasses and they started me off in Bifocals! Glasses have become a fashion statement for me. I have green, red, black and silver, and red and black. They all are funky and in your face.

    You are good if you can do stairs. I usually take my glasses off to go down stairs.
    Love Aunt Janet

    ReplyDelete